IT’S NOT JUST A CLEANING!
If you think about how much you use your mouth every day, it’s amazing how durable it is!
But like anything else in life, it needs maintenance.
At our office, we pride ourselves on the quality of our maintenance visits—because maintenance is so much more than cleaning your teeth!
- A warm and friendly greeting
- Any necessary X-rays using our very low radiation digital system*
- An opportunity to discuss your concerns
- Blood pressure check
- Oral cancer screening
- An evaluation of your gums
- Screening for sleep breathing disorders
- Examination of your teeth and the muscles of your head and neck
- Removal of harmful deposits from your teeth and gums
- Coaching and encouragement to take optimal care of your teeth, jaws, and gums
- An evaluation by Dr. Stern and an opportunity to discuss your concerns with him as well
*We follow American Dental Association guidelines and recommend X-rays on an individualized basis. We never take a one-size-fits-all approach to this (or anything else we do). For example, people with very healthy mouths will not need to have as many X-rays as people who have a tendency to have dental problems or who have not had regular dental care in a number of years. Regardless of your circumstance, we work diligently to get the most information from the least amount of radiation exposure.
If you are pregnant, we will avoid taking X-rays except in the case of dental emergencies. When those situations arise, we will work with your obstetrician to determine the best and safest course of action for you.
In all cases, your health and safety is our first concern!